Welcome to Episode 14 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we talk to two luminaries of speculative fiction, James Patrick Kelly and Michael Swanwick, about their stories for Night Shade Books‘ new anthology Eclipse Four, their careers in science fiction and fantasy and what they’re working on for the near future. We even get them to dole out some advice to aspiring writers (the much too quick summary: learn and be confident in what you’ve learned). If you enjoy the discussion, don’t forget to check in again next week when we’ll wrap up the Eclipse Four series by talking about some of the writing techniques involved in the some of the anthology’s finest stories. As always, thanks for continuing to spread the word about the show!
- Episode 173 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion about Healthcare and Politics with Gwenda Bond and Kameron Hurley
- Episode 172 of Speculate!–DongWon Song Agent Discussion
- Episode 171 of Speculate!–Michael J. Martinez Author Discussion
- Episode 170 of Speculate!–Lauren Beukes Short Story Review (Slipping)
- Episode 168 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Author Discussion
- Episode 167 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Novel Review (Invasive)
- Jan 6 - Reader Response, The Goblin Emperor
- Jan 13 - Interview with Katherine Addison
- Jan 20 - Writing Technique, The Goblin Emperor
Please support us!
We love bringing you the shows that we do, and if you enjoy them too, we hope you'll consider backing us through our Patreon page. Patreon is a great content creator website that allows you to support the content creators you love at a price that fits your budget. We have three backing levels, and you can change or drop at any time! Take a look at our Patreon page for more information, plus a video where we talk about what we're doing and hope to do with the funds.
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.