After a brief hiatus, we’re back with Episode 16 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we talk to New York Times bestselling author Kevin J. Anderson about the conclusion of his epic fantasy trilogy Terra Incognita, his tie-in work in universes from Star Wars to Star Trek to Dune, and his writing process (spoiler: it involves hiking and a voice recorder!). We even get the chance to chat about music and how he managed to get some of the most important people in progressive rock to record two companion CDs for Terra Incognita…Greg admits to being just a trifle envious about this. If you enjoy the interview, don’t forget to stop back next week when we’ll talk about writing workshops and classes (and the pros and cons of each). As usual, thanks for listening to the show, and please continue to spread the word!
Tags: Kevin J. Anderson
- Episode 173 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion about Healthcare and Politics with Gwenda Bond and Kameron Hurley
- Episode 172 of Speculate!–DongWon Song Agent Discussion
- Episode 171 of Speculate!–Michael J. Martinez Author Discussion
- Episode 170 of Speculate!–Lauren Beukes Short Story Review (Slipping)
- Episode 168 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Author Discussion
- Episode 167 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Novel Review (Invasive)
- Jan 6 - Reader Response, The Goblin Emperor
- Jan 13 - Interview with Katherine Addison
- Jan 20 - Writing Technique, The Goblin Emperor
Please support us!
We love bringing you the shows that we do, and if you enjoy them too, we hope you'll consider backing us through our Patreon page. Patreon is a great content creator website that allows you to support the content creators you love at a price that fits your budget. We have three backing levels, and you can change or drop at any time! Take a look at our Patreon page for more information, plus a video where we talk about what we're doing and hope to do with the funds.
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.