Hello again, and welcome to Episode 19 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we continue our series of shows on the work of Aliette de Bodard by interviewing the author herself about Harbinger of the Storm, covering topics from Aztec culture to the ways mysteries and thrillers can enhance speculative fiction…and whether she sees herself writing such fiction in French in the future. If you enjoy what you hear, make sure you read more of Aliette’s work–and don’t forget to check back next week, when we’ll conclude this series with a discussion of the writing techniques used in the novel. As always, thanks for listening to the show, and please continue to spread the word!
Leave a Reply
- Episode 91 of Speculate! — Interview with Patrick Rothfuss — Part 1
- Episode 90 of Speculate! — Interview with Tom Merritt
- Episode 89 of Speculate! — Scott Lynch Writing Discussion
- Episode 88 of Speculate! — Scott Lynch Author Discussion, Part Two
- Episode 87 of Speculate! — Scott Lynch Author Discussion, Part One
- Episode 86 of Speculate!–Scott Lynch Novel Review (The Lies of Locke Lamora)
26 monkeys Aliette de Bodard Amal El-Mohtar Angry Robot Apex Arab/Muslim Issue Beneath Ceaseless Skies DAW Books ecopunk Gen Con Hide Me Among The Graves Hugo Ian McDonald James Patrick Kelly Joe Abercrombie John Hornor Jacobs Kij Johnson Laird Barron Lauren Beukes Mark Hodder Megan Lindholm Michael Swanwick N.K. Jemisin Night Shade Books Pamela K. Taylor Patrick Rothfuss Paul Genesse Ponies Pyr Red Country Robin Hobb Rob Ziegler Ross Lockhart Saladin Ahmed Scott Lynch Spar steampunk The Book of Cthulhu The Dervish House The Lies of Locke Lamora The Shining Girls The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack Throne of the Crescent Moon Tim Powers Wellspring Worldcon
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.