Hello again, and welcome to Episode 19 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we continue our series of shows on the work of Aliette de Bodard by interviewing the author herself about Harbinger of the Storm, covering topics from Aztec culture to the ways mysteries and thrillers can enhance speculative fiction…and whether she sees herself writing such fiction in French in the future. If you enjoy what you hear, make sure you read more of Aliette’s work–and don’t forget to check back next week, when we’ll conclude this series with a discussion of the writing techniques used in the novel. As always, thanks for listening to the show, and please continue to spread the word!
Leave a Reply
- Episode 107 of Speculate! — Holly Black Writing Discussion
- Episode 106 of Speculate! — Holly Black Author Discussion
- Episode 105 of Speculate! — Holly Black Novel Review (The Coldest Girl In Coldtown)
- Episode 104 of Speculate! — Interview with Amber Benson
- Episode 103 — Peter V. Brett and Brent Weeks Talk Comics – Part 2 of 2
- The Speculate! Kickstarter is now live!
26 monkeys Aliette de Bodard Amal El-Mohtar Angry Robot Apex Arab/Muslim Issue Beneath Ceaseless Skies Brenda Cooper Brent Weeks DAW Books Dungeons and Dragons ecopunk Gen Con Hugo Ian McDonald James Patrick Kelly Joe Abercrombie John Hornor Jacobs Kij Johnson Laird Barron Mark Hodder Michael Swanwick Myke Cole N.K. Jemisin Night Shade Books Pamela K. Taylor Patrick Rothfuss Paul Genesse Peter V. Brett Ponies Pyr Red Country Rob Ziegler Ross Lockhart Saladin Ahmed Scott Lynch Spar steampunk The Book of Cthulhu The Dervish House The Lies of Locke Lamora The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack Throne of the Crescent Moon Wellspring Worldcon Young Adult
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.