Hello again, and welcome to Episode 19 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we continue our series of shows on the work of Aliette de Bodard by interviewing the author herself about Harbinger of the Storm, covering topics from Aztec culture to the ways mysteries and thrillers can enhance speculative fiction…and whether she sees herself writing such fiction in French in the future. If you enjoy what you hear, make sure you read more of Aliette’s work–and don’t forget to check back next week, when we’ll conclude this series with a discussion of the writing techniques used in the novel. As always, thanks for listening to the show, and please continue to spread the word!
Leave a Reply
- Episode 100 of Speculate! — Garth Nix and Sean Williams Writing Discussion
- Episode 99 of Speculate! — Garth Nix and Sean Williams Author Discussion
- Episode 98 of Speculate! — Garth Nix and Sean Williams Novel Review (Troubletwisters)
- Episode 97 of Speculate! — Interview with Wesley Chu
- Episode 96 of Speculate! — Interview with Mike Selinker
- Episode 95 of Speculate! — Interview with Myke Cole
26 monkeys Aliette de Bodard Amal El-Mohtar Angry Robot Apex Arab/Muslim Issue Beneath Ceaseless Skies Brenda Cooper DAW Books Dungeons and Dragons ecopunk Gen Con Hugo Ian McDonald James Patrick Kelly Joe Abercrombie John Hornor Jacobs Kickstarter Kij Johnson Laird Barron Mark Hodder Megan Lindholm Michael Swanwick Myke Cole N.K. Jemisin Night Shade Books Pamela K. Taylor Patrick Rothfuss Paul Genesse Ponies Pyr Red Country Robin Hobb Rob Ziegler Ross Lockhart Saladin Ahmed Scott Lynch Spar steampunk The Book of Cthulhu The Dervish House The Lies of Locke Lamora The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack Throne of the Crescent Moon Wellspring Worldcon
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.