Hello again, and welcome to Episode 19 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we continue our series of shows on the work of Aliette de Bodard by interviewing the author herself about Harbinger of the Storm, covering topics from Aztec culture to the ways mysteries and thrillers can enhance speculative fiction…and whether she sees herself writing such fiction in French in the future. If you enjoy what you hear, make sure you read more of Aliette’s work–and don’t forget to check back next week, when we’ll conclude this series with a discussion of the writing techniques used in the novel. As always, thanks for listening to the show, and please continue to spread the word!
Leave a Reply
- Episode 161 of Speculate!–Aliette de Bodard Novel Review (The House of Shattered Wings)
- Episode 160 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion with Patrick Rothfuss
- Episode 159 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion with Monte Cook, Shanna Germain, and Patrick Rothfuss
- Episode 157 of Speculate!–Emmi Itaranta Author Discussion
- Episode 156 of Speculate!–Emmi Itaranta Novel Review (Memory of Water)
- Episode 155 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion with Colin McComb and George Ziets
- Jan 6 - Reader Response, The Goblin Emperor
- Jan 13 - Interview with Katherine Addison
- Jan 20 - Writing Technique, The Goblin Emperor
Please support us!
We love bringing you the shows that we do, and if you enjoy them too, we hope you'll consider backing us through our Patreon page. Patreon is a great content creator website that allows you to support the content creators you love at a price that fits your budget. We have three backing levels, and you can change or drop at any time! Take a look at our Patreon page for more information, plus a video where we talk about what we're doing and hope to do with the funds.
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.