Welcome to Episode 23 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we bring you a series of interviews done with authors attending Gen Con, one of the largest fantasy / science fiction / gaming conventions in the world. Robert Farnsworth, Don Bingle, Jerry Gordon, Paul Genesse, Maurice Broaddus, Elizabeth Vaughan and the inimitable Ed Greenwood hold forth on all sorts of subjects relating to writing speculative fiction and the unique qualities of Gen Con, and we hope you’ll find their insights enjoyable. If you like what you hear, remember to tune in next week when we’ll post a special video interview with Patrick Rothfuss, just conducted at Worldcon; until then, thanks for listening, and please continue to spread the word about the show!
- Episode 173 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion about Healthcare and Politics with Gwenda Bond and Kameron Hurley
- Episode 172 of Speculate!–DongWon Song Agent Discussion
- Episode 171 of Speculate!–Michael J. Martinez Author Discussion
- Episode 170 of Speculate!–Lauren Beukes Short Story Review (Slipping)
- Episode 168 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Author Discussion
- Episode 167 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Novel Review (Invasive)
- Jan 6 - Reader Response, The Goblin Emperor
- Jan 13 - Interview with Katherine Addison
- Jan 20 - Writing Technique, The Goblin Emperor
Please support us!
We love bringing you the shows that we do, and if you enjoy them too, we hope you'll consider backing us through our Patreon page. Patreon is a great content creator website that allows you to support the content creators you love at a price that fits your budget. We have three backing levels, and you can change or drop at any time! Take a look at our Patreon page for more information, plus a video where we talk about what we're doing and hope to do with the funds.
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.