Welcome back for Episode 30 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we interview the multitalented Maurice Broaddus, who in between writing, editing, performing the duties of a small publishing company vice-president and running a convention somehow finds the time to talk to us! This was an enjoyable and thoughtful interview, touching on issues of faith, setting (urban fantasy can indeed be staged in Indianapolis) and other topics over a forty-five minute span, and we hope you enjoy it. If you like what you hear, don’t forget to check out Maurice’s other projects on and offline, and remember to check back next week when we plan to have another interview scheduled. Until then, thanks as always for listening to the show, and please continue to spread the word!
- Episode 173 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion about Healthcare and Politics with Gwenda Bond and Kameron Hurley
- Episode 172 of Speculate!–DongWon Song Agent Discussion
- Episode 171 of Speculate!–Michael J. Martinez Author Discussion
- Episode 170 of Speculate!–Lauren Beukes Short Story Review (Slipping)
- Episode 168 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Author Discussion
- Episode 167 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Novel Review (Invasive)
- Jan 6 - Reader Response, The Goblin Emperor
- Jan 13 - Interview with Katherine Addison
- Jan 20 - Writing Technique, The Goblin Emperor
Please support us!
We love bringing you the shows that we do, and if you enjoy them too, we hope you'll consider backing us through our Patreon page. Patreon is a great content creator website that allows you to support the content creators you love at a price that fits your budget. We have three backing levels, and you can change or drop at any time! Take a look at our Patreon page for more information, plus a video where we talk about what we're doing and hope to do with the funds.
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.