Welcome back for Episode 34 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. We’re beginning our second year with a bang: in this episode we interview Carol Berg, veteran author of many fantasy novels and winner of the Mythopoeic Fantasy Award, about her inspirations in writing, the development of her career and her love for (and advice about) doing public readings…and how good reading is essential for good writing. If you like what you hear, please check back next week for our first of three shows about the work of Mark Hodder. Until then, thanks as always for listening to the show, and please continue to spread the word!
- Episode 173 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion about Healthcare and Politics with Gwenda Bond and Kameron Hurley
- Episode 172 of Speculate!–DongWon Song Agent Discussion
- Episode 171 of Speculate!–Michael J. Martinez Author Discussion
- Episode 170 of Speculate!–Lauren Beukes Short Story Review (Slipping)
- Episode 168 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Author Discussion
- Episode 167 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Novel Review (Invasive)
- Jan 6 - Reader Response, The Goblin Emperor
- Jan 13 - Interview with Katherine Addison
- Jan 20 - Writing Technique, The Goblin Emperor
Please support us!
We love bringing you the shows that we do, and if you enjoy them too, we hope you'll consider backing us through our Patreon page. Patreon is a great content creator website that allows you to support the content creators you love at a price that fits your budget. We have three backing levels, and you can change or drop at any time! Take a look at our Patreon page for more information, plus a video where we talk about what we're doing and hope to do with the funds.
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.