Welcome back for Episode 36 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we continue our sequence of shows on the work of Mark Hodder with an interview with the author himself. Mark’s fascinating insights on writing generally, steampunk specifically, and the role of theme in a story–how much punk should you have in your steam?–made this one of our most enjoyable interviews to date, and we hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we did. If you enjoy the interview, don’t forget to check back next week for our concluding show of this triptych, a discussion of some of the writing techniques used in Mark’s book The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack. Until then, thanks as always for listening, and please continue to spread the word about the show!
- Episode 173 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion about Healthcare and Politics with Gwenda Bond and Kameron Hurley
- Episode 172 of Speculate!–DongWon Song Agent Discussion
- Episode 171 of Speculate!–Michael J. Martinez Author Discussion
- Episode 170 of Speculate!–Lauren Beukes Short Story Review (Slipping)
- Episode 168 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Author Discussion
- Episode 167 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Novel Review (Invasive)
- Jan 6 - Reader Response, The Goblin Emperor
- Jan 13 - Interview with Katherine Addison
- Jan 20 - Writing Technique, The Goblin Emperor
Please support us!
We love bringing you the shows that we do, and if you enjoy them too, we hope you'll consider backing us through our Patreon page. Patreon is a great content creator website that allows you to support the content creators you love at a price that fits your budget. We have three backing levels, and you can change or drop at any time! Take a look at our Patreon page for more information, plus a video where we talk about what we're doing and hope to do with the funds.
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.