Welcome back for Episode 43 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we continue our series of shows on the ecopunk novel Seed, interviewing author Rob Ziegler about his interest in the subject of climate change, his thoughts about grace within savagery, and why he’s glad he doesn’t always have to think about things like nano-toilet paper (it makes sense in the interview…trust us). Rob is as thoughtful a speaker as he is a writer, and we hope you enjoy what he has to say; if you do, we also hope you’ll check back next week, when we’ll release our concluding show of this triptych (on some of the writing techniques demonstrated in Seed). Until then, thanks as always for listening, and please continue to spread the word about the show!
- Episode 173 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion about Healthcare and Politics with Gwenda Bond and Kameron Hurley
- Episode 172 of Speculate!–DongWon Song Agent Discussion
- Episode 171 of Speculate!–Michael J. Martinez Author Discussion
- Episode 170 of Speculate!–Lauren Beukes Short Story Review (Slipping)
- Episode 168 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Author Discussion
- Episode 167 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Novel Review (Invasive)
- Jan 6 - Reader Response, The Goblin Emperor
- Jan 13 - Interview with Katherine Addison
- Jan 20 - Writing Technique, The Goblin Emperor
Please support us!
We love bringing you the shows that we do, and if you enjoy them too, we hope you'll consider backing us through our Patreon page. Patreon is a great content creator website that allows you to support the content creators you love at a price that fits your budget. We have three backing levels, and you can change or drop at any time! Take a look at our Patreon page for more information, plus a video where we talk about what we're doing and hope to do with the funds.
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.