Welcome back for Episode 47 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we continue our series of shows on Ian McDonald’s The Dervish House as we interview the author himself on subjects from research to language to writing process–and how at times seducing the reader is a better way to go than making everything obvious up front. If you enjoy our discussion with Ian, make sure to check back next week when we release our final episode in this triptych, an analysis of some of the writing techniques used in the book. Until then, thanks as always for listening, and please continue to spread the word about the show!
Leave a Reply
- Episode 77 of Speculate! — Writing Workshop Discussion with Cat Rambo and Luc Reid
- Episode 76 of Speculate! — Tim Powers Writing Discussion
- Episode 75 of Speculate! — Tim Powers Author Discussion
- Episode 74 of Speculate! — Tim Powers Novel Review (Hide Me Among The Graves)
- Episode 73 of Speculate! — Brian McClellan Author Discussion
- Greg reviews Brad’s Lays of Anuskaya Trilogy
26 monkeys Adam Paquette Aliette de Bodard Amal El-Mohtar Angry Robot Apex Arab/Muslim Issue artist Beneath Ceaseless Skies cover art DAW Books ecopunk Gen Con Hide Me Among The Graves Hugo Ian McDonald James Patrick Kelly Joe Abercrombie John Hornor Jacobs Kij Johnson Laird Barron Mark Hodder Megan Lindholm Michael Swanwick N.K. Jemisin Nebula Night Shade Books Pamela K. Taylor Patrick Rothfuss Paul Genesse Ponies Pyr Red Country Robin Hobb Rob Ziegler Ross Lockhart Saladin Ahmed Spar steampunk The Book of Cthulhu The Dervish House The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack Throne of the Crescent Moon Tim Powers Wellspring Worldcon
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.