Welcome back for Episode 47 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we continue our series of shows on Ian McDonald’s The Dervish House as we interview the author himself on subjects from research to language to writing process–and how at times seducing the reader is a better way to go than making everything obvious up front. If you enjoy our discussion with Ian, make sure to check back next week when we release our final episode in this triptych, an analysis of some of the writing techniques used in the book. Until then, thanks as always for listening, and please continue to spread the word about the show!
- Episode 173 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion about Healthcare and Politics with Gwenda Bond and Kameron Hurley
- Episode 172 of Speculate!–DongWon Song Agent Discussion
- Episode 171 of Speculate!–Michael J. Martinez Author Discussion
- Episode 170 of Speculate!–Lauren Beukes Short Story Review (Slipping)
- Episode 168 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Author Discussion
- Episode 167 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Novel Review (Invasive)
- Jan 6 - Reader Response, The Goblin Emperor
- Jan 13 - Interview with Katherine Addison
- Jan 20 - Writing Technique, The Goblin Emperor
Please support us!
We love bringing you the shows that we do, and if you enjoy them too, we hope you'll consider backing us through our Patreon page. Patreon is a great content creator website that allows you to support the content creators you love at a price that fits your budget. We have three backing levels, and you can change or drop at any time! Take a look at our Patreon page for more information, plus a video where we talk about what we're doing and hope to do with the funds.
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.