Welcome to Episode 49 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we bring you a series of interviews done with authors and editors attending Origins, which along with Gen Con is one of the oldest gaming industry conventions in the world. Origins recently started its own writing track (called The Library), and we got to talk to a good mix of new and veteran attendees, hearing from Mike Stackpole, Jennifer Brozek, R.T. Kaelin, Steven Saus and Jean Rabe on what makes the convention experience generally and Origins specifically a worthwhile one for speculative fiction authors and fans. If you like what you hear, make sure to tune in two weeks from now when we’ll be starting a new triptych of shows on Throne of the Crescent Moon, the new novel from Saladin Ahmed. Until then, thanks as always for listening, and please continue to spread the word about the show!
- Episode 173 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion about Healthcare and Politics with Gwenda Bond and Kameron Hurley
- Episode 172 of Speculate!–DongWon Song Agent Discussion
- Episode 171 of Speculate!–Michael J. Martinez Author Discussion
- Episode 170 of Speculate!–Lauren Beukes Short Story Review (Slipping)
- Episode 168 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Author Discussion
- Episode 167 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Novel Review (Invasive)
- Jan 6 - Reader Response, The Goblin Emperor
- Jan 13 - Interview with Katherine Addison
- Jan 20 - Writing Technique, The Goblin Emperor
Please support us!
We love bringing you the shows that we do, and if you enjoy them too, we hope you'll consider backing us through our Patreon page. Patreon is a great content creator website that allows you to support the content creators you love at a price that fits your budget. We have three backing levels, and you can change or drop at any time! Take a look at our Patreon page for more information, plus a video where we talk about what we're doing and hope to do with the funds.
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.