Welcome back for Episode 50 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. We celebrate turning 50 (that sounds less ominous when we’re talking about episode numbers, somehow) with an interesting interview with Ian Tregillis, author of the alternative history series The Milkweed Triptych (he likes that last word as much as we do). Here we get a chance to talk to Ian about alternative history, how Nazis and warlocks make a cool mixture for speculative fiction purposes, and other miscellaneous subjects like covers, audiobooks and batboys, not necessarily in that order. If you like what you hear, don’t forget to tune in next week when we’ll start our next triptych of shows on Saladin Ahmed‘s Throne of the Crescent Moon. Until then, thanks as always for listening to the show, and please continue to spread the word!
Leave a Reply
- Episode 100 of Speculate! — Garth Nix and Sean Williams Writing Discussion
- Episode 99 of Speculate! — Garth Nix and Sean Williams Author Discussion
- Episode 98 of Speculate! — Garth Nix and Sean Williams Novel Review (Troubletwisters)
- Episode 97 of Speculate! — Interview with Wesley Chu
- Episode 96 of Speculate! — Interview with Mike Selinker
- Episode 95 of Speculate! — Interview with Myke Cole
26 monkeys Aliette de Bodard Amal El-Mohtar Angry Robot Apex Arab/Muslim Issue Beneath Ceaseless Skies Brenda Cooper DAW Books Dungeons and Dragons ecopunk Gen Con Hugo Ian McDonald James Patrick Kelly Joe Abercrombie John Hornor Jacobs Kickstarter Kij Johnson Laird Barron Mark Hodder Megan Lindholm Michael Swanwick Myke Cole N.K. Jemisin Night Shade Books Pamela K. Taylor Patrick Rothfuss Paul Genesse Ponies Pyr Red Country Robin Hobb Rob Ziegler Ross Lockhart Saladin Ahmed Scott Lynch Spar steampunk The Book of Cthulhu The Dervish House The Lies of Locke Lamora The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack Throne of the Crescent Moon Wellspring Worldcon
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.