Welcome back for Episode 50 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. We celebrate turning 50 (that sounds less ominous when we’re talking about episode numbers, somehow) with an interesting interview with Ian Tregillis, author of the alternative history series The Milkweed Triptych (he likes that last word as much as we do). Here we get a chance to talk to Ian about alternative history, how Nazis and warlocks make a cool mixture for speculative fiction purposes, and other miscellaneous subjects like covers, audiobooks and batboys, not necessarily in that order. If you like what you hear, don’t forget to tune in next week when we’ll start our next triptych of shows on Saladin Ahmed‘s Throne of the Crescent Moon. Until then, thanks as always for listening to the show, and please continue to spread the word!
Leave a Reply
- Episode 170 of Speculate!–Lauren Beukes Short Story Review (Slipping)
- Episode 168 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Author Discussion
- Episode 167 of Speculate!–Chuck Wendig Novel Review (Invasive)
- Episode 165 of Speculate!–Daniel Jose Older Author Discussion
- Episode 164 of Speculate!–Daniel Jose Older Novel Review (Shadowshaper)
- Episode 162 of Speculate!–Aliette de Bodard Author Discussion
- Jan 6 - Reader Response, The Goblin Emperor
- Jan 13 - Interview with Katherine Addison
- Jan 20 - Writing Technique, The Goblin Emperor
Please support us!
We love bringing you the shows that we do, and if you enjoy them too, we hope you'll consider backing us through our Patreon page. Patreon is a great content creator website that allows you to support the content creators you love at a price that fits your budget. We have three backing levels, and you can change or drop at any time! Take a look at our Patreon page for more information, plus a video where we talk about what we're doing and hope to do with the funds.
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.