Welcome to Episode 60 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we (virtually) sit down for a discussion with urban fantasy authors Amber Benson and Anton Strout for a discussion of why they love doing what they do, why urban fantasy continues to appeal to such a wide audience and what the future looks like for the subgenre–and why they’re fired up to talk about it even after an exhausting go-round at New York Comic Con! If you like what you hear, make sure to check back next week when we’ll begin a new triptych of shows on the work of Joe Abercrombie. Until then, thanks as always for listening, and please continue to spread the word about the show!
Leave a Reply
- Episode 91 of Speculate! — Interview with Patrick Rothfuss — Part 1
- Episode 90 of Speculate! — Interview with Tom Merritt
- Episode 89 of Speculate! — Scott Lynch Writing Discussion
- Episode 88 of Speculate! — Scott Lynch Author Discussion, Part Two
- Episode 87 of Speculate! — Scott Lynch Author Discussion, Part One
- Episode 86 of Speculate!–Scott Lynch Novel Review (The Lies of Locke Lamora)
26 monkeys Aliette de Bodard Amal El-Mohtar Angry Robot Apex Arab/Muslim Issue Beneath Ceaseless Skies DAW Books ecopunk Gen Con Hide Me Among The Graves Hugo Ian McDonald James Patrick Kelly Joe Abercrombie John Hornor Jacobs Kij Johnson Laird Barron Lauren Beukes Mark Hodder Megan Lindholm Michael Swanwick N.K. Jemisin Night Shade Books Pamela K. Taylor Patrick Rothfuss Paul Genesse Ponies Pyr Red Country Robin Hobb Rob Ziegler Ross Lockhart Saladin Ahmed Scott Lynch Spar steampunk The Book of Cthulhu The Dervish House The Lies of Locke Lamora The Shining Girls The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack Throne of the Crescent Moon Tim Powers Wellspring Worldcon
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.