Welcome to Episode 60 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we (virtually) sit down for a discussion with urban fantasy authors Amber Benson and Anton Strout for a discussion of why they love doing what they do, why urban fantasy continues to appeal to such a wide audience and what the future looks like for the subgenre–and why they’re fired up to talk about it even after an exhausting go-round at New York Comic Con! If you like what you hear, make sure to check back next week when we’ll begin a new triptych of shows on the work of Joe Abercrombie. Until then, thanks as always for listening, and please continue to spread the word about the show!
Leave a Reply
- Episode 100 of Speculate! — Garth Nix and Sean Williams Writing Discussion
- Episode 99 of Speculate! — Garth Nix and Sean Williams Author Discussion
- Episode 98 of Speculate! — Garth Nix and Sean Williams Novel Review (Troubletwisters)
- Episode 97 of Speculate! — Interview with Wesley Chu
- Episode 96 of Speculate! — Interview with Mike Selinker
- Episode 95 of Speculate! — Interview with Myke Cole
26 monkeys Aliette de Bodard Amal El-Mohtar Angry Robot Apex Arab/Muslim Issue Beneath Ceaseless Skies Brenda Cooper DAW Books Dungeons and Dragons ecopunk Gen Con Hugo Ian McDonald James Patrick Kelly Joe Abercrombie John Hornor Jacobs Kickstarter Kij Johnson Laird Barron Mark Hodder Megan Lindholm Michael Swanwick Myke Cole N.K. Jemisin Night Shade Books Pamela K. Taylor Patrick Rothfuss Paul Genesse Ponies Pyr Red Country Robin Hobb Rob Ziegler Ross Lockhart Saladin Ahmed Scott Lynch Spar steampunk The Book of Cthulhu The Dervish House The Lies of Locke Lamora The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack Throne of the Crescent Moon Wellspring Worldcon
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.