Welcome to Episode 60 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we (virtually) sit down for a discussion with urban fantasy authors Amber Benson and Anton Strout for a discussion of why they love doing what they do, why urban fantasy continues to appeal to such a wide audience and what the future looks like for the subgenre–and why they’re fired up to talk about it even after an exhausting go-round at New York Comic Con! If you like what you hear, make sure to check back next week when we’ll begin a new triptych of shows on the work of Joe Abercrombie. Until then, thanks as always for listening, and please continue to spread the word about the show!
Leave a Reply
- Episode 107 of Speculate! — Holly Black Writing Discussion
- Episode 106 of Speculate! — Holly Black Author Discussion
- Episode 105 of Speculate! — Holly Black Novel Review (The Coldest Girl In Coldtown)
- Episode 104 of Speculate! — Interview with Amber Benson
- Episode 103 — Peter V. Brett and Brent Weeks Talk Comics – Part 2 of 2
- The Speculate! Kickstarter is now live!
26 monkeys Aliette de Bodard Amal El-Mohtar Angry Robot Apex Arab/Muslim Issue Beneath Ceaseless Skies Brenda Cooper Brent Weeks DAW Books Dungeons and Dragons ecopunk Gen Con Hugo Ian McDonald James Patrick Kelly Joe Abercrombie John Hornor Jacobs Kij Johnson Laird Barron Mark Hodder Michael Swanwick Myke Cole N.K. Jemisin Night Shade Books Pamela K. Taylor Patrick Rothfuss Paul Genesse Peter V. Brett Ponies Pyr Red Country Rob Ziegler Ross Lockhart Saladin Ahmed Scott Lynch Spar steampunk The Book of Cthulhu The Dervish House The Lies of Locke Lamora The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack Throne of the Crescent Moon Wellspring Worldcon Young Adult
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.