Welcome to Episode 60 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we (virtually) sit down for a discussion with urban fantasy authors Amber Benson and Anton Strout for a discussion of why they love doing what they do, why urban fantasy continues to appeal to such a wide audience and what the future looks like for the subgenre–and why they’re fired up to talk about it even after an exhausting go-round at New York Comic Con! If you like what you hear, make sure to check back next week when we’ll begin a new triptych of shows on the work of Joe Abercrombie. Until then, thanks as always for listening, and please continue to spread the word about the show!
Leave a Reply
- Episode 77 of Speculate! — Writing Workshop Discussion with Cat Rambo and Luc Reid
- Episode 76 of Speculate! — Tim Powers Writing Discussion
- Episode 75 of Speculate! — Tim Powers Author Discussion
- Episode 74 of Speculate! — Tim Powers Novel Review (Hide Me Among The Graves)
- Episode 73 of Speculate! — Brian McClellan Author Discussion
- Greg reviews Brad’s Lays of Anuskaya Trilogy
26 monkeys Adam Paquette Aliette de Bodard Amal El-Mohtar Angry Robot Apex Arab/Muslim Issue artist Beneath Ceaseless Skies cover art DAW Books ecopunk Gen Con Hide Me Among The Graves Hugo Ian McDonald James Patrick Kelly Joe Abercrombie John Hornor Jacobs Kij Johnson Laird Barron Mark Hodder Megan Lindholm Michael Swanwick N.K. Jemisin Nebula Night Shade Books Pamela K. Taylor Patrick Rothfuss Paul Genesse Ponies Pyr Red Country Robin Hobb Rob Ziegler Ross Lockhart Saladin Ahmed Spar steampunk The Book of Cthulhu The Dervish House The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack Throne of the Crescent Moon Tim Powers Wellspring Worldcon
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.