Welcome to Episode 60 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers and Fans. In this episode we (virtually) sit down for a discussion with urban fantasy authors Amber Benson and Anton Strout for a discussion of why they love doing what they do, why urban fantasy continues to appeal to such a wide audience and what the future looks like for the subgenre–and why they’re fired up to talk about it even after an exhausting go-round at New York Comic Con! If you like what you hear, make sure to check back next week when we’ll begin a new triptych of shows on the work of Joe Abercrombie. Until then, thanks as always for listening, and please continue to spread the word about the show!
Leave a Reply
- Episode 161 of Speculate!–Aliette de Bodard Novel Review (The House of Shattered Wings)
- Episode 160 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion with Patrick Rothfuss
- Episode 159 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion with Monte Cook, Shanna Germain, and Patrick Rothfuss
- Episode 157 of Speculate!–Emmi Itaranta Author Discussion
- Episode 156 of Speculate!–Emmi Itaranta Novel Review (Memory of Water)
- Episode 155 of Speculate!–Roundtable Discussion with Colin McComb and George Ziets
- Jan 6 - Reader Response, The Goblin Emperor
- Jan 13 - Interview with Katherine Addison
- Jan 20 - Writing Technique, The Goblin Emperor
Please support us!
We love bringing you the shows that we do, and if you enjoy them too, we hope you'll consider backing us through our Patreon page. Patreon is a great content creator website that allows you to support the content creators you love at a price that fits your budget. We have three backing levels, and you can change or drop at any time! Take a look at our Patreon page for more information, plus a video where we talk about what we're doing and hope to do with the funds.
The current banner art, Gone in Smoke, is provided courtesy of Titusboy25.