Episode 91 of Speculate! — Interview with Patrick Rothfuss — Part 1

PatrickRothfuss

Welcome to Episode 91 of Speculate! The Podcast for Writers, Readers, and Fans. In this episode, part 1 of a 2-part series with Patrick Rothfuss, we sit down and talk children’s books that may or may not, in fact, be children’s books. Patrick has a new volume in the Princess and Mr. Whiffle series called The Adventures of The Princess and Mr. Whiffle: The Dark of Deep Below. Pat talks about his experience in the writing of the book, his collaboration with the artist, Nate Taylor, and more. Tune in next week for Episode 92, part 2 of our interview, where we talk about Pat’s involvement with Torment: The Tides of Numenara, the optioning of The Kingkiller Chronicles, and what’s new for the Worldbuilders charity drive.

Speaking of Worldbuilders, be sure to check out this year’s drive, which has already started. Find out more on Pat’s blog and the main Worldbuilders website, Worldbuilders.org.

Play

Tags: , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “Episode 91 of Speculate! — Interview with Patrick Rothfuss — Part 1”

1. Paul Weimer (@princejvstin) December 9, 2013 at 12:56 pm #

I have a scary suspicion that thanks to her writing AIs, Mary Robinette Kowal could impersonate *anyone*. :)

• Brad December 10, 2013 at 6:04 pm #

Yes, she probably could. And I imagine it’s due to her theater background more than the AI writing.

• Paul Weimer (@PrinceJvstin) December 10, 2013 at 6:32 pm #

That, too :)

• Greg December 11, 2013 at 1:58 pm #

I mean, Brad and I usually record in different places, and I usually don’t *see* him when we’re doing so. And we’ve only interviewed Mary one time, live and in person. If she decided to add another speculative fiction podcast to Writing Excuses…and since I don’t see Brad when we’re recording…

*Greg considers the implications of this cunning plan.*

Brad, I think I’m going to need to see proof of identity before our next taping. ;)

• Brad December 11, 2013 at 2:02 pm #

Ha! You should be so luck as to have Lady Mary sitting in the chair opposite you…

2. Arun December 20, 2013 at 10:00 am #